The 5 Tips for Smart Borrowing
- 1. Research your expected salary in your future career, find an affordable school, and borrow realistically.
- 2. Research job availability in your chosen field, before selecting your major.
- 3. Consider all types of financial aid carefully.
- 4. Educate yourself on the many loan options available before borrowing.
- 5. Inconsistent or untimely loan repayment could affect your future.
NOTE: The values shown in this tool are only estimates. They are based on national averages and the information you enter.