Act 101 Program
PHEAA's Act 101 program is a state-funded program which allocates funds to Pennsylvania schools that operate an Act 101 program at their institution. Schools use these funds to provide services to academically and financially disadvantaged students to assist them so they can successfully complete postsecondary study.
To be eligible, schools must:
- Be approved for participation in the Pennsylvania State Grant Program
- Be located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Be authorized to grant degrees
- Be operating a support program (for a minimum of one year) that serves at least 40 students who would qualify under Act 101 guidelines
- Obtain PHEAA's approval for participation
- Submit a completed Act 101 New School Application (PDF) by June 30
After the application is approved by PHEAA, schools will need to submit a detailed program budget and Participation Agreement (PDF).
Schools participating in the 2017-18 Act 101 program must submit a completed Act 101 Renewal Application (PDF) by June 30, 2018 in order to participate during the 2018-19 academic year.
A new Participation Agreement is not required for schools currently participating in the Act 101 program.